[gdal-dev] Re: Autoconf macro for gdal-config

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 20 18:26:50 EDT 2011

On 20 October 2011 13:34, canduc17 <candini at meeo.it> wrote:
> I did post nothing because I have to better check what is going on with my
> project. No time for doing that right now.
> I launched my configure script in the same way, but probably something is
> missing in my configure.ac.
>
> Could you please post your configure.ac?

In /test folder at https://github.com/mloskot/autotools-modules
you will find simple project I use for testing my modules.

Here is my run with complete results:

mloskot at dog: test (master)$ pwd
/home/mloskot/dev/mloskot/_git/autotools-modules/test

mloskot at dog: test (master)$ ./autogen.sh
--with-gdal=/home/mloskot/usr/bin/gdal-config
processing .
Running aclocal -I ../macros  ...
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.ac:5: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:5: installing `./missing'
src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
--with-gdal=/home/mloskot/usr/bin/gdal-config ...
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gdal-config... /home/mloskot/usr/bin/gdal-config
checking for GDAL library... yes
checking for OGR support in GDAL library... yes
checking if GDAL version is >= 1.8.0... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h

********* Test summary *********

*** GDAL variables set by configure:
GDAL_VERSION=1.9.0
GDAL_CFLAGS=-I/home/mloskot/usr/include
GDAL_LDFLAGS=-L/home/mloskot/usr/lib -lgdal
GDAL_DEP_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -lgeos_c -lpthread -lm -lrt -ldl
GDAL_OGR_ENABLED=yes

*** GDAL preprocessor definitions generated in config.h:
#define HAVE_GDAL 1
#define HAVE_GDAL_OGR 1

Now type `make' to compile.
mloskot at dog: test (master %)$