[gdal-dev] Another PGeo driver issue, on 64-bit Debian Linux

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Wed Oct 26 12:04:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have been trying to get the PGeo driver working, following the hints
at [0].

I have gotten to a partial success in so far that the driver connects to
the mdb and finds the layers and the features [1]. However, the geometry
is not understood, which seems to be related to the "importFromWKT()
failed" error message, which is repeated for each layer [2].

Querying individual layers gives an additional "GetFeatureCount()
failed" error, see under [3].

I searched on Internet and found a few (older) postings mentioning
similar errors where the WKT string is always truncated to 12
characters, but nothing could really help me fixing the issue.

Does anyone know how to fix the issue? (I am using GDAL from trunk, on
64-bit Debian Linux, unixodbc 2.2.14p2-4, mdbtools 0.5.99.0.6pre1.)

Thanks in advance, Hermann

[0] http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_pgeo.html

[1]

$ ogrinfo --debug on pgeo:mt
PGeo: MDB Tools driver: /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so.0
PGeo: MDB Tools driver installed successfully!
PGeo: EstablishSession(mt)
ODBC: SQLConnect(mt)
INFO: Open of `pgeo:mt'
       using driver `PGeo' successful.
OGR: GetLayerCount() = 26

1: CoastL
2: DamL
3: WatrcrsL

[2] ERROR 1: importFromWKT() failed on SRS 'GEOGCS["GCS_'.

[3]

$ ogrinfo --debug on PGeo:mt CoastL
PGeo: MDB Tools driver: /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so.0
PGeo: MDB Tools driver installed successfully!
PGeo: EstablishSession(mt)
ODBC: SQLConnect(mt)
OGR: OGROpen(PGeo:mt/0x8804b0) succeeded as PGeo.

INFO: Open of `PGeo:mt'
       using driver `PGeo' successful.
OGR: GetLayerCount() = 26

Layer name: CoastL
Geometry: Unknown (any)
Error at Line : syntax error near (
ERROR 1: GetFeatureCount() failed on query SELECT COUNT(*) FROM CoastL.

Feature Count: 11
Extent: (14.183600, 35.806450) - (14.576150, 36.082430)
Layer SRS WKT:
(unknown)
FID Column = OBJECTID
Geometry Column = Shape
OBJECTID: Integer (0.0)
FCsubtype: Integer (0.0)
gfid: String (0.0)
F_CODE: String (0.0)
ICC: String (0.0)
SN: Integer (0.0)
Shape_Length: Real (0.0)
PGeo: 11 features read on layer 'CoastL'.
ODBC: SQLDisconnect()