[gdal-dev] empty Gtiff from Python

Chris Yesson Chris.Yesson at ioz.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 05:10:32 EDT 2011

Tom,

I have just run your code exactly as you sent it (except for output
path), with python 2.5.2 ang gdal 1.8.1.  The ouput file appears in
order (gdalinfo output below).  The file opens and displays normally in
qgis trunk v 1.8.

- Chris

Gdalinfo output

Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Files: output.tif
       output.tif.aux.xml
Size is 10, 10
Coordinate System is:
LOCAL_CS["arbitrary",
    UNIT["metre",1,
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]]]
Metadata:
  AREA_OR_POINT=Area
Image Structure Metadata:
  INTERLEAVE=BAND
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0,   10.0)
Upper Right (   10.0,    0.0)
Lower Right (   10.0,   10.0)
Center      (    5.0,    5.0)
Band 1 Block=10x10 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Gray
  Min=1.000 Max=1.000
  Minimum=1.000, Maximum=1.000, Mean=1.000, StdDev=0.000
  Metadata:
    STATISTICS_MINIMUM=1
    STATISTICS_MAXIMUM=1
    STATISTICS_MEAN=1