[gdal-dev] problems with calculations with very small numbers (near zero)

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:19:21 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm having some troubles with raster algebra on a raster with very small
(near zero, but not).
I'm using numpy (through python gdal) to do a multiplication, eg
numpy.multiply(rasterarr,2), but I obtain the following raster stats:
http://pastebin.com/hHiUrWwD.

I suppose that -3.4028234663852886e+038 values are causing the problems,
and I wonder wha'ts the best way to deal with these kind of values... Maybe
rounding them to zeros?
I've tried to do it using the LUT tag inside a VRT dataset, but it doesn't
seem to do the job.

giovanni