[gdal-dev] help with getting started for writing swig typemaps for GDALGridCreate()

Matt Funk matze999 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:15:16 EDT 2011

Hi,
i would like be able to make use of GDALGridCreate() in my python code.
Since it has not been mapped to python i'd like to do that myself. I
don't have experience with this though, so i am looking for some
direction on how to get started. I read up a little on it and i think i
understand the general procedure.

However, to get started i need some more specifics.  Basically, how do i
get started regenerating?
I downloaded GDAL-1.7.1.tar.gz
<http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/G/GDAL/GDAL-1.7.1.tar.gz#md5=38b838d528b309a28a3aa24d4fcef3cd>.
from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/GDAL/. On the website it says that in
order to regenerate i nned to:
make generate (which i see as a target in the GNUMakefile) from the
./swig/python directory:
However, there is no swig/python directory.

I realize that these question are probably very basic, but a push in the
right direction would be appreciated.

thanks
matt