[gdal-dev] Merging tiff4 files

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 14:08:03 EDT 2011

 > Are you sure you are using a 64bit GDAL ? AFAIR, OSGeo4W is 32bit only.

Thx for response.

I download the gdal 64bit version.
explode it on a single folder.
I use osgeo shell only as environment for python and go in the folder
gdal64 to call its gdal_merge.py.
I guess the libraries used was from gdal64,
but effectively the memory issue is on numpy, a python element

 > Anyway, it is known that gdal_merge.py is limited by memory in the
 >way it
 > operates. You might want to use gdalwarp or gdalbuildvrt in that case.

Unfortunately gdalbuildvrt is not useful for my need.
I need to produce 1 really physical raster.

But gdalwarp is a tool I never will think to use for this.
Is gdalwarp capable to merge raster ?

Thx,