[gdal-dev] Re: Merging tiff4 files

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:57:28 EDT 2011

Hi,
thx to Jean-Claude and Even,

I definitively resolve my troubles. :)

gdalwarp is the right tool to merge.It don't break with no-one raster
and after I use gdaltranslate to produce a tiff4 raster.

To help any-one that has same need. I put the call I'm using.

The call take all the raster tiff4 available in a folder and merge all
in 1 only raster. The SRS is the same (for me EPSG:3003) for source and
target. Also I put the level "0" (white" to -srcnodata to avoid that the
overlapping of borders covers the raster near.
As show from the image sample here attach.

gdalwarp.exe -s_srs EPSG:3003 -t_srs EPSG:3003 -r near -ot Byte
-srcnodata "0" -of GTiff -co TFW=YES ../raster/list/*.tif
../raster/raster_result.tif

gdal_translate -co NBITS=1 -co COMPRESS=CCITTFAX4 -co TFW=YES
../raster/raster_result.tif ../raster/raster_result_as_tiff4.tif

Regards,

Andrea Peri.