[gdal-dev] NetCDF and datum handling suggestion

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Sep 7 01:33:59 EDT 2011

> In case you feel like testing it, the functions needed are
>  OGRSpatialReference::importFromProj4() and exportToProj4(), the later
> which is not documented.
>
> Perhaps others can comment on the suitability of exporttoProj4() ???

It is documented but doxygen didn't like a macro that was inserted between the
comment and the function. Should be fixed by r23070

I'd note that proj4 strings have not all the expressivity of WKT. In
particular they cannot capture citation strings, or authority name and code.
So the suitability of using them depends on what you want to do with them.