[gdal-dev] Re: Problem converting certain postgis tables to spatialite

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Sep 7 14:24:15 EDT 2011

Le mercredi 07 septembre 2011 17:05:50, Andreas Neumann a écrit :
>  HI Jukka,
>
>  Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, perhaps I should use update instead
>  of append.
>
>  I actually found out what the problem is:
>
>  Tables or views that do not have an entry in public.geometry_columns
>  (the postgis metadata table) cause the segmentation fault. Once the
>  entry is there, it converts fine.
>
>  Perhaps ogr2ogr could issue a warning or error message in this case
>  instead of segfaulting. It would be nicer.

sounds like you hit http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3502 .

I've never applied the patch because it is not really correct, and upgrading
to spatialite 2.4 should avoid the crash (the crash occured in spatialite
2.3.1 code).

There are also other issues in the way we create spatialite databases that
might lead to inconsistencies. Hopefully Sandro has indicated that it should
be able to help us soon to improve that :
http://groups.google.com/group/spatialite-
users/browse_thread/thread/ef72de558e3c2553#