[gdal-dev] Re: python script to generate world files

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Sep 13 10:26:28 EDT 2011

Matt Wilkie <matt.wilkie <at> gov.yk.ca> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've built a small gdal python script which builds world files for any
> supported georeferenced raster (I think). The full code is here:

I don't program but if something goes wrong with ESRI world files it is the half
a pixel shift sometimes needed because the anchor point in the world file is in
the middle of the top-left pixel and some other systems have anchor point in the
top-left corner of the top-left pixel. And the next error is that the half a
pixel shift is increasing the easting value but decreasing the northing value.

-Jukka Rahkonen-