[gdal-dev] MrSID won't compile with GDAL 1.9 - libgeotiff issue

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 3 17:22:33 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Gavin Fleming <gavin at afrispatial.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just upgraded to gdal 1.9 on Ubuntu 11.10. When I tried to compile
> MrSID support (which was working fine in 1.8) I get this:
>
> checking for XTIFFClientOpen in -lgeotiff... no
> configure: error: libgeotiff is required to build GDAL MrSID driver

Gavin,

I'm using MrSID 8.0 successfully on Ubuntu 10.04 successfully.

Could you search for "XTIFFClientOpen" in config.log after the
configure failure?  Often there details in there on why the probe
failed.

I haven't run into the problem you report but I have run into
problems before where the system libgeotiff is incompatible
with the one built into the MrSID SDK.