[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.0 Output of Vector Geospatial PDF

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Apr 12 19:07:48 EDT 2012

Le vendredi 13 avril 2012 00:29:18, Jim Bellenger a écrit :
> The http://www.gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html page talks about georeferencing
> PDF files using the OGC best practice and the ISO standard so I was
> wondering if GDAL or OGR can be used georeference existing vector
> based PDF files.  I have vector PDF files that I know the
> georeferencing but I don't know how to add the correct tags.  Also, I
> want to avoid using TerraGo and GeoPDF.

Yes, the GDAL PDF driver can be used to add georeferencing info to an existing
PDF file. This is for example used in MapServer developement version in its PDF
output. This is a matter of opening the file in update mode, and setting the
appropriate info with the SetGeoTransform() and SetProjection() methods.