[gdal-dev] Kakadu linking errors for MSVC 2010

Carl Godkin cgodkin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 23:09:11 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Robert Zermeno <refriguy68 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> GDAL folks,
>
> I am upgrading my program from VS 2005 to VS 2010 and attempted to build
> GDAL with Kakadu support using 4-15-2012 trunk version (FYI, GDAL can
> compile cleanly without adding Kakadu support).  I get the following build
> errors:
>
> args.obj : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for ' __ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL'
> : value '2' doesn't match value '0' in cplkeywordparser.obj
> palette.obj : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '
> __ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL' : value '2' doesn't match value '0' in
> cplkeywordparser.obj
> roi_sources.obj : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '
> __ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL' : value '2' doesn't match value '0' in
> cplkeywordparser.obj
>
> I looked online and all suggest I might be mixing built libraries (want
> Debug and supplied some in release mode).  So, I recompiled Kakadu in debug
> mode to make sure and still get these errors.
> Has anyone seen them?  I am puzzled because I have no problems using MSVC
> 2005 edition GDAL with Kakadu.

I have not built GDAL with Kakadu, but what you're seeing definitely
represents a mismatch
in release vs debug compilation levels for VS 2010.  It looks to me like
cplkeywordparser.obj
was built for release (0) but palette.obj and args.obj were built for debug
(2).

I'm pretty sure that this iterator debug business is built-in C++ checks on
STL iterators and
is generally very useful.  Good luck,

carl