[gdal-dev] Win build issues

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Apr 23 12:19:16 EDT 2012

Hi again,

A couple of weeks ago I referred to a problem building the Win version
and at the end thought the problem was due to the WEBP driver. But now
I'm getting the same type of errors with another driver and, ... one nuance

To remember, the errors are are of the type

LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj) : error LNK2005: __errno already defined in
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __initterm_e already defined in
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll)
LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in
MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll)

but now they occur when I build also with the poppler (0.19) driver,
which uses a static lib (that's what CMake produces). I used to be able
to build with this same configuration so something has changed that now
causes this errors. But there is more. If I do a first build WITHOUT the
poppler driver and than run the building again but switching on the the
linking with the poppler driver the build process runs without any
linking error.

Joaquim