[gdal-dev] Win build issues

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Apr 23 12:51:05 EDT 2012

On 12-04-23 1:19 PM, Joaquim Luis wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> A couple of weeks ago I referred to a problem building the Win version
> and at the end thought the problem was due to the WEBP driver. But now
> I'm getting the same type of errors with another driver and, ... one nuance
>
> To remember, the errors are are of the type
>
> LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj) : error LNK2005: __errno already defined in
> MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll)
> LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __initterm_e already defined in
> MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll)
> LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in
> MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll)
>
> but now they occur when I build also with the poppler (0.19) driver,
> which uses a static lib (that's what CMake produces). I used to be able
> to build with this same configuration so something has changed that now
> causes this errors. But there is more. If I do a first build WITHOUT the
> poppler driver and than run the building again but switching on the the
> linking with the poppler driver the build process runs without any
> linking error.

Hello Joaquim,

Yes in fact I did reply regarding this issue earlier to you on this
list.  I did suggest the way to solve this.  (and yes I've used the way
around this error that Even suggested, but I really don't recommend
this, as soon you'll keep adding more drivers with different compile
options that I mentioned in my previous post).

/me someone who's been in this situation many times before

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/