[gdal-dev] Question about json-c mods in changeset r18545

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Apr 28 08:09:35 EDT 2012

Even, Folks,

I noticed your commit r18545 in json-c version maintained in GDAL tree [1].

It says: "bug fix submitted to jsonc maintener now"
I don't know the details who, how and where this was submitted to the
upstream, but
quick investigation [2] I've made suggests this change hasn't made it
to the json-c sources,
I tried to re-submit, but has been rejected by the json-c maintainer.

So, I want to figure out if this change is still required by GDAL
users, especially those
using MinGW to build GDAL. If not, that's cool.
If it is required, I will likely have to apply fix suggested by Eric [2].

I do not use MinGW, but could you or anyone who is concerned about MinGW support
try the following test and report any errors occurred?

https://gist.github.com/2518402

(copy at http://codepad.org/users/mloskot)

The json-c has been updated and improved significantly between 0.9 and
the upcoming 1.0.
My aim is to push as many GDAL-derived json-c fixes as possible to the json-c
upstream, then update json-c in GDAL with the upstream.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/18545/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/geojson/jsonc?rev=18545
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/json-c/2w3zoKbPwJU