[gdal-dev] Proposing json-c update to pre-0.10

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Apr 29 17:50:31 EDT 2012

On 22 April 2012 13:28, Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:
> Le dimanche 22 avril 2012 02:03:06, Mateusz Loskot a écrit :
>> Folks,
>>
>> Currently, GDAL uses json-c 0.9 (with some GDAL-specific fixes).
>> The json-c development has progressed and numerous bugs has been fixed.
>>
>> I wonder if I could update to json-c from its current Git master which
>> states the pre-0.10 version, it is: https://github.com/json-c
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> No objections from me, but be careful in the merge not to loose GDAL's
> customizations. See
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/log/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/geojson/jsonc

Even,

I think I have ported GDAL modifications to the current json-c upstream.
Here is Git repo with branch called gdal-modification:

https://github.com/mloskot/json-c

I have tested it on Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2010 and
seem to work fine. I don't have access to any Linux machine at the moment,
so I will wait a bit with merging this branch into json-c in GDAL trunk
until I have a moment to get Linux env running.

Meanwhile, if anyone would want to give it a try and test, I will appreciate.

Cheers,