[gdal-dev] How create a simplified raster from an uge raster dataset

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 12:31:02 EDT 2012

Hi Rouault ,

thx for response.

>Note that if you want to use more than 2 gigabytes of RAM, you need a
64-bit
>build of GDAL.

I'm use gdal compiled to 64 bit and has 8GB ram, so I can try to use 4GB as
cachemax)

I change my settings and try this configuration:

gdaladdo -r average -ro --config BIGTIFF_OVERVIEW YES --config
GDAL_CACHEMAX 4096 catalog.vrt 4 16 64 256 1024 4096

>I'm also skeptical on the fact that computing such huge overview levels
will
>lead to a visually acceptable result. Sometimes you want to use other
source of
>data than the high resolution data when displaying low resolution
overviews.

Are you guessing that was better to apply before a gdalwarp to create a new
set of starting raster with a lower resolution and only after
calculate the overview from this low resolution set of rasters ?

Andrea.

--
Andrea Peri