[gdal-dev] How to give additional WFS parameters right?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Aug 4 08:33:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to set MAXFEATURES to communication with WFS server.
In http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_wfs.html I can read

"Additionnal optional parameters can be specified such as TYPENAME, VERSION,
MAXFEATURES as specified in WFS specification.
It is also possible to specify the name of an XML file whose content matches the
following syntax (the <OGRWFSDataSource> element must be the first bytes of the
file):

<OGRWFSDataSource>
    <URL>http://path/to/WFS/service[?OPTIONAL_PARAMETER1=VALUE
[&OPTIONNAL_PARAMETER2=VALUE]]</URL>
</OGRWFSDataSource>"

I have tried now from command line
ogrinfo wfs:http://hip.latuviitta.org/cgi-bin/tinyows?
SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&TYPENAME=hki_parkkilippuautomaatit&MAXFEATURES=2

and also by writing an xml file containing the additional parameters. However I
cannot make it to work as supposed. The command line system does not send
GetFeature ever. With the XML file system GetFeature is sent without
MAXFEATURES. I can also see that ogrinfo adds GetCapabilities into the XML file
and at the same it overwrites my handwritten URL element and deletes the extra
parameters I tried to put there.

-Jukka Rahkonen-