[gdal-dev] Access SVN revision number from runtime?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Aug 16 04:19:24 PDT 2012

On 16 August 2012 12:11, Even Rouault <even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:

> By the way pDataset->~GDALDataset() is a weird syntax. I've never used that in
> any C++ code, so I am wondering if this completely destroys the object

The only and typical situation when destructor is called explicitly is when
object is allocated and created using "placement new" [1].
In other situations, the destructor will be called and will perform the clean-up
according to its definition, but the memory allocated for the object
itself won't be released.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placement_syntax