[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt problem with heterogenous band characteristics

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 06:49:11 PDT 2012

Hi All,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Casper Børgesen (CABO) <CABO at niras.dk>wrote:

>  Hi! ****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m trying to create a VRT file from 4 GeoTIFFs using gdalbuildvrt. Three
> of the GeoTIFFs are created using OrthoVista and the last one created with
> an earlier version of the same program. When I run gdalbuildvrt I get the
> following error message when I try to add the file created by the early
> version: ****
>
> ** **
>
> Warning 6: gdalbuildvrt does not support heterogenous band
> characteristics. Skipping...****
>
> ** **
>
> I get the same error message, so may be related... I've tried to make a
virtual mosaic, using SRTM DEMs,

gdalbuildvrt -input_file_list list.txt STM_CP-DEMS_EU_mosaic.vrt

and got:

0...Warning 6: gdalbuildvrt does not support heterogenous band
characteristics. Skipping STM_CP-DEMS_2500015000.tif
10.Warning 6: gdalbuildvrt does not support heterogenous band
characteristics. Skipping STM_CP-DEMS_2500025000.tif
..Warning 6: gdalbuildvrt does not support heterogenous band
characteristics. Skipping STM_CP-DEMS_2500035000.tif
[....]

Hence, I made my mosaic using:
 gdalwarp --optfile list.txt STM_CP-DEMS_EU_mosaic.tif
It took a bit more time obviously, but it didn't complain.

So.. Could it be a bug of gdalbuildvrt, or.. ?

Thanks and regards,

--
Dr. Margherita Di Leo