[gdal-dev] RPFTOC driver question

Livneh Yehiyam yehil at rafael.co.il
Sat Aug 25 22:09:49 PDT 2012

Martin
We have removed the check completly, and so far have not had any problems. We have come to the conclusion that it is too restrictive.
Yehiyam

Sent from my mobile

-----------------------------
From: "Martin Chapman"
Subject: [gdal-dev] RPFTOC driver question
Date: 26 אוגוסט 2012 06:46

Even,

I have an RPF dataset (CIB 5Meter in Zone 1) that will not display using the RPFTOC driver because on line 605 of file gdal19\gdal\frmts\nitf\rpftocdataset.cpp in function RPFTOCProxyRasterDataSet::SanityCheckOK(GDALDataset* sourceDS) the line of code:

WARN_CHECK_DS(fabs(adfGeoTransform[GEOTRSFRM_TOPLEFT_X] - nwLong) < 1e-10); Fails.

Where:

adfGeoTransform[GEOTRSFRM_TOPLEFT_X] = 32.036011080332401
and
nwLong = 32.036035630999997

which equals -0.000024550667596

and is then greater than 1e-10.

I was wondering why this sanity check is there?  Do you think I have some bad frame files or a bad toc file?  If so, why would you reject the entire boundary from rendering?

By the way, thanks a ton for creating this driver.

Best regards,
Martin

This message (including any attachments) issued by RAFAEL- ADVANCED DEFENSE SYSTEMS LTD.
(hereinafter "RAFAEL") contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, may
constitute information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should contact us immediately and thereafter delete this message from your
system. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or forwarding of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail mailto:lawraf at rafael.co.il and completely delete or destroy any and all
electronic or other copies of the original message and any attachments thereof.