[gdal-dev] Compile GDAL with HDF4 and Shapefile-Support (64bit)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 28 05:21:30 PDT 2012

I wish I had an easy answer for you.  I know for MS4W the next release
will contain HDF4 support (only HDF5 support is included at the moment).
 Also, we maintain built steps for HDF at:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/HDF

That doesn't answer any of your questions, but at least now you know
where the hints live (bookmark this page
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildHints) and you can now add to those
pages as you travel down this (hard) path.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/