[gdal-dev] FileGDB -preserve_fid

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Thu Dec 13 15:36:31 PST 2012

Great thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of rburhum
Sent: Friday, 14 December 2012 8:41 a.m.
To: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] FileGDB -preserve_fid

Although FileGDB does have programmatic ways to preserve the FID, these are not exposed through the FileGDB API yet. What people normally do in these cases is to copy the fid to the target dataset as a non-primary key value. I guess we could add something along these lines as an enhancement request to the FileGDB driver.