[gdal-dev] how to gdalwarp 4-band orthoimagery

Smith, Michael Michael.Smith at maine.gov
Fri Dec 14 10:17:07 PST 2012

Seems like this is a straightforward issue but finding it difficult to solve online.

I have a new crop of 4-band orthoimages, as GeoTIFFs.  I want to create mosaics of some tiles.  There is a slight pixel overlap at the edges.  When I run gdalwarp it always treats the 4th band as alpha, which causes the overlap edges to be lighter than everything else in the mosaic, creating an odd grid pattern were these edges were (when viewing the CIR bands 4-1-2).

How can I disable this treatment of the 4th band as alpha?

===============================
Michael Smith MS GISP
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS
State of Maine, Office of Information Technology
michael.smith _at_ maine.gov
207-215-5530

Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Board Member, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council
[cid:image001.png at 01CDD9FD.50D40D40][icons]

***NOTE NEW ADDRESS***

State House Station 145
51 Commerce Drive
Augusta, ME 04333-0145