[gdal-dev] GDAL GML driver and .xsd schema mapping

janhec jan.heckman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 06:50:56 PST 2012

Rahkonen Jukka wrote
> Even Rouault
> <even.rouault <at>
>  mines-paris.org> writes:

>> Hopefully the following should be enough :
>>
>> r23378 /trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/gml/ogrgmldatasource.cpp: GML: add
>> debug
> information to know if we use/generate .gfs file while there's a .xsd we
> ignore
>>
>> I'm not sure it is a good idea to make it more verbose than a debug
>> trace.
>
> Thanks, it will be enough for me. I am awaiting samples of other ready
> defined
> Inspire data products, they can be more painful than this authorative
> units
> dataset which has after all rather simple structure.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

I had to use the debugger to discover that parsexsd.cpp breaks off when an
attribute has no explicit type assigned to it. I seem to remember that there
is a default (xsd:string) and suggest implementing this in the xsd parser.
Line 264 (1.9.1) could be:
if (pszType == NULL) pszType = "xsd:string";
if (pszType != NULL)
{

Of course, the NULL check could then be removed.
Jan Heckman