[gdal-dev] OGR XYZ -> GDAL VRT?

Tyler Mitchell tyler.mitchell at actian.com
Wed Dec 19 17:08:01 PST 2012

Hi all, does anyone know a way to put up a GDAL VRT fed by an OGR datasource that has data in XYZ format (regular gridded) .

It doesn't have to ultimately be a VRT, just some similar on-the-fly raster format method, so I can share raster data directly from the OGR datasource.  I've been digging around and saw wkt raster/postgis raster but it's really a little different than this approach as it doesn't use arrays.

I can share more but thought I'd keep it simple first ;-)

Any tips?
Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Engineering Director