[gdal-dev] Compression artifacts

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Thu Dec 27 04:59:49 PST 2012

That would be an option. Am I right that the datasource of the -cutline
option is a closed polygon, and that everything outside the polygon will
be clipped?

However, I would prefer not to add extra steps. These are large maps and
there are lots of them (about 17.000 for the whole of the Netherlands).
It takes a lot of organisation to georeference them and display them
efficiently over the web. Every additional processing step is a
potential source of problems. So, although I am happy there is at least
a workable solution, do you know what is happening here, and whether
these artifacts can be prevented?