[gdal-dev] gdal 1.10 & osgeo4w

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Sat Dec 29 07:42:37 PST 2012

On 28-12-2012 22:41, image wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1/I thought that gdal would released as stable version 2012/12/31 because i
> saw this information of the bottom of the following forum :
>
> http://libregis.org/2012/08/25/updating-gdal-postgis-raster-driver/
>
> 2/Would it be possible to select gdal 1.10 beta via osgeo4w soon (during
> January)?
>

> Regards.
>
> Laurent Celati.

Just to inform that my idea of building the current trunk version and
under the name of 'gdal19.dll' and sticking it place of the
C:\OSGeo4W\bin one works. I got only a error about an error about a
openlayers plugin, probably because my build doesn't have the needed
dependency for that plugin.
Things we much easy for me because all my dependencies have kind of
private names so I really only had to replace the gdal19.dll. Within a
more 'standard' organization the fishing of the right dependencies would
be a bit more trickier.

Happy New year

Joaquim