[gdal-dev] Ignore geometry_columns table in VRT

Tyler Mitchell tyler.mitchell at actian.com
Mon Dec 31 11:44:07 PST 2012

Hi all,
I'm building a VRT that connects to an Ingres db to grab some WKT text from a text column.  I can run ogrinfo against it just fine, though it complains about not finding geometry_columns table (this is a non-spatial db example), it still returns all the detailed records.  But in MapServer when I connect it actually fails and throws a blocking error.  I did find, though, that it worked fine for my point and line layers - but failed on my polygon layers.

I'm assuming this is a function of the Ingres driver, but thought I'd ask in case someone could recommend a way to override the driver an NOT automatically look for a geometry_columns table, since it isn't using it anyway.

Tips?