[gdal-dev] subdatasets not read in a HDF file - CONT

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Wed Feb 1 13:45:41 EST 2012

Hi,

A couple of months ago I posted a message here about subdatsets not
being read by the HDF4 driver and opened this ticked.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4305

Jose Gomez-Dans reminded me that this was a even older issue and pointed
me to

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-subdatasets-not-read-in-a-HDF-file-tt3743143.html#a3743148

However, it turns out that the 1D datasets are not read purpose. Lines
1013, 1014 of     hdf4dataset.cpp    have

             if ( iRank == 1 )        // Skip 1D datsets
                     continue;

which, if I comment them, allows reading the 1D datasets. Any reason to
them restricted on purpose. Can't this constraint be released?

Thanks

Joaquim