[gdal-dev] change the attribute values of a shapefile

Xiaodong Zhang zhang at liberasystems.com
Thu Feb 2 15:48:58 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm just wondering if any of you has done and would like to share your
experience in replacing the attribute values of a shape file.

Here is what I'm doing:

1.       I have an image with pixels values ranging from, say,  1, 2, 3 and
4

2.       I used gdal_polygonize.py to convert this into a polygone shape
file, with attributes of 1, 2, 3 or 4.

3.       Now I need to replace these attributes with a set new values, say,
10, 20, 30, and 40.

Of course, I can do this in the first step, but I'm thinking the best way to
do this is in the last step, because I can preserve the original image. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Xiaodong