[gdal-dev] Missing EPSG Codes and importFromUrl

David Baker (Geoscience) david.m.baker at chk.com
Thu Feb 2 18:31:41 EST 2012

All,

Working in C#...  I have need for EPSG:4418. Per http://www.epsg-registry.org/ this is the code for "ProjectedCRS [NAD27 / BLM 18N (ftUS)]".  This code does not seem to be in the GDAL/OGR/Prog4 database in FWTools2.4.7.  Executing the line:

var i = src.ImportFromEPSG(4418);

This call returns an error indicating the code is invalid.  I also searched the /data directory for this projection but was not able to find it.  So my next move was to try:

var i = src.ImportFromUrl(@"http://www.epsg-registry.org/export.htm?gml=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4410");

This did not work either.

So my general question is, for missing CRS's how does one retrieve the projection information from the web?

Thanks in Advance,
David

David M. Baker
Senior Advisor - Geoscience Technology
Chesapeake Energy Corporation
405-935-3715 office
405-496-5373 cell
david.m.baker at chk.com<mailto:david.m.baker at chk.com>

This email (and attachments if any) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and destroy all copies of the email (and attachments if any).