[gdal-dev] GDALEndAsyncReader() takes long time to return

Robert Zermeno refriguy68 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 18:49:03 EST 2012

I am trying to stream JPIPs.  I have two threads that are accessing the same file using the same GDALfiledataset.  One thread is a subsample image used as a navigator and the other thread is the full-sized image for the viewer to see the full image.

Each thread uses its own GDALAsyncReaderH Object.  Each thread detects if the AsyncReader object is not NULL prior to calling GDALBeginAsyncReader().  If either AsyncReader is not NULL, then call GDALEndAsyncReader().  Sounds good right?

Has anyone experienced the issue of GDALEndAsyncReader() taking longer than 10-20 seconds to return?  Can someone explain to me why it might take that long just to delete the AsyncReader object for JPIP to be able to process my next wanted region?

I hope that makes since for anyone to answer my quest.  If not, let me know as I can provide more information.  I am currently using the repository build from 2-1-2012

Thanks,

Bob