[gdal-dev] Using -overwrite to create empty feature class

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:59:36 EST 2012

FYI

Further testing with -overwrite given your explanation
*ogr2ogr -overwrite output.shp output.shp -progress*
...works as well but only if the files are in the same output directory

But it does report a dbf error:
*ERROR 1: fread(631) failed on DBF file.*

But I can still open the output for appending and view the results in a GIS
viewer like QGIS.

Though the -where or -fid trick works as well