[gdal-dev] Building lightweight OGR library

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sat Feb 4 15:56:04 EST 2012

On 12-02-04 1:05 PM, Dmitry Baryshnikov wrote:

> I think there is necessity of such lightweight library (with only CPL
> and/or OGR and/or GDAL).

Doing this is possible.

The MITAB library does carry just the required minimum files from the
ogr and port directories: http://mitab.maptools.org/

I also did the exercise to isolate only the minimum set of files
requires to provide the spatial refernce classes in a libosr library.
It's availabel in SVN at:

   http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/libosr/

This should give you a good starting point.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/