[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr in python

Alessandro Candini candini at meeo.it
Wed Feb 8 05:38:40 EST 2012

You are right: I have put ogr2ogr.py file inside /usr/bin and...

user at office ~ $ ogr2ogr.py
ERROR: Python bindings of GDAL 1.8.0 or later required

The problem is that I cannot update my GDAL version at the moment, it
will mess up all my dependencies and so on...

Is there an alternative?

Maybe with a bunch of GDAL python functions already present in version
1.7.3, I can get the same result...

Any suggestions?