[gdal-dev] Can RasterIO write one band at a time or must I combine my separate R,G,B buffers first?

Ethan ethanfahy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:39:57 EST 2012

I am writing a C++ program that reads in 3 separate single band geotiffs,
applies some math to them, then outputs a single geotiff files that contains
the data from those 3 files in the bands 1,2 and 3.  I've so far set up the
code to follow the methods from the gdal api tutorial and have read in the
values from each of the 3 geotiffs to 3 separate buffers.  When it comes
time to use RasterIO to write to my single output geotiff, is there any way
to write one band at a time?  Or is there any way to use the RasterIO
function without first combining my 3 buffers into a single buffer?  For me
the RasterIO documentation is a little unclear when it describes:
        nBandCount 	the number of bands being read or written.
	panBandMap 	the list of nBandCount band numbers being read/written. Note
band numbers are 1 based. This may be NULL to select the first nBandCount
bands.

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated.