[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 14 13:56:30 EST 2012

I am trying to add columns to a table (which I am able to do), then add a trigger to that table in order to trigger an existing function.

My basic problem is that the ogr2ogr switch (ie: –lco Dim=2) appear to only work with an -overwrite. They don’t seem to work with an -append.

As -overwrite drops the existing table, as well as its trigger, I need to replace the trigger after the table is restored.

Does this make sense?

Perhaps there is another way of doing this?

Bob