[gdal-dev] Using SWIG from a Driver

Michael Speth spethm at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Feb 21 22:31:21 EST 2012

Greetings GDAL devs,
   I am interested in developing a GDAL driver that calls out to a Java
library that accesses a database that we are developing using SWIG's
Java Bindings.  Are there any examples of existing GDAL drivers using
the SWIG bindings?  If not, how might I use the SWIG library from a new
GDAL driver?

I've noticed there are 2 usages of Java from a GDAL driver.  Frank
pointed out to me (ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ili) and mdb (ogr/ogrsf_frmts/mdb).
Both of these driver's use JNI.  The reason I want to use SWIG is to
avoid having to deal with the added configuration of JNI (since SWIG
handles that already).

Thanks!

--
Michael Speth