[gdal-dev] compiling gdal on Obuntu via Parallels

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 00:33:32 EST 2012

Hi

This seems to be an old problem  (see http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2009-October/022308.html) but when I try to compile GDAL 1.9.0 from source using Obuntu 10.04 through Parallels Desktop 6.0.12106 on OS X 10.6.8 (don't ask why this convoluted approach - long ESRI related story)  I get the following message during 'make':

ar:   /usr/local/gdal/frmts/o/aaigriddataset.o:   No such file or directory.

and indeed,

ls  /usr/local/gdal/frmts/o

produces a listing for aaigriddataset.lo , but unlike the other files in the directory, no corresponding aaigriddataset.o

Was this problem ever resolved?

thx for your assistance.

Stu