[gdal-dev] undefined symbol error

Jerl Simpson jsimpson at wxtrends.com
Thu Feb 23 10:44:41 EST 2012

Hey guys, I just grabbed gdal 1.9 from SVN, compiled it and I am getting an
undefined symbol error pj_ctx_alloc in many of the ./apps/ programs. I
first noticed it with gdaldem. Everything is pointing to my build
directory. I've tried all manner of things, not sure what to do next.
gdal1.9NEW/apps/.libs/lt-gdaldem: symbol lookup error:
gdal1.9NEW/.libs/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol: pj_ctx_alloc

any ideas?
My configure options
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-python  --with-netcdf=/usr/local
--with-static-proj4=/usr/local --with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config

This issue just started yesterday.  I had a slightly older version from the
svn repository, still 1.9 and didn't have this trouble.  I'm not sure what
might have changed on the machine to have caused this.

Maybe there are some conflicting libaries hanging around mucking things up?

Thanks for the help!!

Jerl