[gdal-dev] drawing line using OGR and mysql in mapserver

Murat Beyhan beyhan at deprem.gov.tr
Mon Feb 27 02:18:51 EST 2012

Dear all,
I have shared this mail on Mapserver list but could not solve my
problem.
Still could not achieve to draw line using start and stop point line
data stored in MySql database.

I have tried Mr. Robert's solution but I have faced an error message.

in map file
I changed Geometrytype from wkbline to wkblinestring.

LAYER
NAME sfault1
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION '<OGRVRTDataSource>
<OGRVRTLayer name="lineview">
<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:dynamic,user=root,password=mysqlpasswd,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=lineview</SrcDataSource>
<SrcLayer>lineview</SrcLayer>
<GeometryType>wkbLineString</GeometryType>
<GeometryField encoding="WKT" field="geom"/>
<LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
<FID>eq_id</FID>
</OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>'
  DATA sfault1
  STATUS on
  TYPE line
  CLASS
  NAME "Source Fault"
  SYMBOL "cline"
   SIZE 3
  COLOR  0 0 255
 END
END

in database
I have two table
one is sfault which store

id lat1 lon1 lat2 lon2

and another is lineview which is a view
of this table created by following

create view lineview as select eq_id, "LINESTRING(" + lon1 + " " + lat1
+ "," + lon2 + " " + lat2 + ")" as geom from sfault

there is an another issue,

I have to draw line by considering id
so in the map When I select one id, line should be belong to this id's
information
so I have to make a sql statement as follow instead of draw all line
stored in database I have to draw just one line considering id

something like this:

select eq_id, geom from lineview where id like '%id%'

please help about this subject....

Regards....

Murat

believed to be clean.