[gdal-dev] drawing line using OGR and mysql in mapserver

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at deprem.gov.tr
Mon Feb 27 15:52:47 EST 2012

Chaitanya,

thanks for your repply,

Actually I use ogr and mysql to draw point for example epicenter of
earthquakes. But this is the first time to draw line which is stored in
Mysql as a table. Actually there is no problem on drawing shape file of the
line. But I would like to draw it using MySql and ogr functionality. So I
have only start and end point of line and I store it on MySql database then
I try to draw it considering id of the line by sql statement.
Just I would lie to learn how to code it on Mapserver map file and how
should I store line on database as a start and stop point of the line or as
a geometry . Please help...
thanks

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:09:52 +0530, Chaitanya kumar CH wrote
> Murat,
>
> First check if your database is accessible using ogrinfo[1].
> Then create a vrt file with the content you specified in the CONNECTION
> field of the mapfile. Check if ogrinfo gives expected results with this
> file.
>
> You probably have gdal executables if you are running mapserver.
>
> [1]: http://www.gdal.org/ogrinfo.html
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Murat Beyhan
> <beyhan at deprem.gov.tr> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> > I have shared this mail on Mapserver list but could not solve my
> > problem.
> > Still could not achieve to draw line using start and stop point line
> > data stored in MySql database.
> >
> > I have tried Mr. Robert's solution but I have faced an error message.
> >

> > in map file
> > I changed Geometrytype from wkbline to wkblinestring.
> >
> > LAYER
> > NAME sfault1
> > CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
> > CONNECTION '<OGRVRTDataSource>
> > <OGRVRTLayer name="lineview">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:dynamic,user=root,password=mysqlpasswd,host=localhost,po
rt=3306,tables=lineview</SrcDataSource>

Murat Beyhan
Jeofizik Yük. Müh.
T.C.