[gdal-dev] C# bindings - setting up progress delegate for Gdal.Open()

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Jan 3 05:49:46 EST 2012

Selon Maksim Sestic <max at geoinova.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to set progress delegate function during a call to
> Gdal.Open()? I'm opening a WMS dataset and I need some sort of progress
> metering during the process, but I don't see a way to attach handler
> function for:
>
> Dim ds As Dataset = Gdal.Open("<GDAL_WMS>...</GDAL_WMS>",
> Access.GA_ReadOnly)

No, there's no progress callback available for the Open() call. For WMS, the
time is essentially spend in waiting for the response to the GetCapabilities().
So even if there was a mechanism, there would be no way to know the percentage
of completion before the server sends the size of the answser XML, but once you
know it, as it is small, it is almost instantaneously downloaded.