[gdal-dev] Reading OGRStyle information using C++

Aneesh Muralidharan symonando at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 05:15:25 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to OGR/GDAL and I'm trying to read style information of vectors
using the OGR C++ API. I followed the documentation available here
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_feature_style.html. I have managed to get the
pen information of the glyphs' in vector file successfully.

The problem is that, it is unclear that from where can I figure out the
layer style specification. i.e the global style for the layer ( assuming
each glyph's pen can be either one of its own or dependent on the layer ).
The OGRFeatureDefn for the OGRLayer doesn't seem to have this information.

Also is there any detailed explanation of the API somewhere with some
sample code snippets ? (for the feature-style api. For read/write I know
there is http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_apitut.html)

Hoping for a quick response

Thanks and regards,
Aneesh Muralidharan