[gdal-dev] Motion: Commit Rights for Dmitry Barishnikov (aka bishop)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Jan 24 16:51:34 EST 2012

Le mardi 24 janvier 2012 20:49:28, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> Motion: GDAL/OGR Commit rights are extended to Dmitry Barishnikov
> /Дмитрий Барышников (userid: bishop).

+1. I have integrated quite a few of Dmitry's patches in the past.

I'd just like to invite him to discuss potentially non trivial changes with
the authors/mainteners of the areas he will hack into or, for broader changes,
with the PSC.

For example, looking at http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/search?q=bishop , I see  :
* http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/attachment/ticket/3557/ogr_mi_vsil.patch make
changes in the MITAB library, whose GDAL is a downstream. The usual process is
to make sure that the changes are pushed first in upstream MITAB CVS
* http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4463 : internal'izing an external library
is something to assess carefully. This introduces additionnal maintenance
issues (security fixes, refresh policy&process, potential issues of symbol
conflicts when an application link both to GDAL and the library, etc...)