[gdal-dev] Ingres driver on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 25 13:41:58 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Tyler Mitchell
<tyler.mitchell at actian.com> wrote:
> Hi Frank and all,  hope your winter (or summer) is treating you well, things are going well at my end.  I'm getting my head into the OGR Ingres driver these days and happy to have it building well on Linux.  :)
>
> On Windows I'm not having so much fun though and could use a tip or two.  That's mostly because I'm new to how nmake (VS2010) expects things, having barely used it before.
>
> While setting INGRES_LIB and INGRES_INC as env vars pointing to the right folders on Linux, it was enough for it to figure itself out.  But on Windows does it require a pointer to a specific file instead?  My build's failing as it tries to open a strange permutation of INGRES_LIB:
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Users\admin\src\ingres\lib\.obj'  If I set it to point to any files, then it builds without errors but not with any Ingres support.
>
> Perhaps the windows makefile needs to be updated to handle Ingres?  I'm grasping at straws, I know :)
>
> Any tips for an nmake n00b? :)  I don't assume anyone other than Frank has kicked the Ingres tires much, but would appreciate any suggestions.

Tyler,

Skimming gdal\nmake.opt and looking in gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\ingres for
a makefile.vc it appears that I never built the ingres driver on windows so
I'm guessing you have added INGRES_LIB/INGRES_INC yourself and set
up vc makefiles?   If you come up with changes make sure to file a ticket
with them to incorporate.  If you need a hand building things on windows
point me to ingres windows libraries and I'll try it in a VM.