[gdal-dev] UnsatisfiedLinkError: building with Swig Java bindings

kedardeshpande87 kedardeshpande87 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:56:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to build from source with Java bindings. I compiled the regular
source with configure, make and make install first and then ran the GNUmake
file from the gdal/swig/java directory. Now, I have created a small cmdline
application in Java and I am trying to run it. It gets compiled. But when I
run it, I am getting this UnsatisfiedLinkError :

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: .../gdal/build/.libs/libgdal.so.1: undefined
symbol: _ZTVN6PCIDSK15PCIDSKExceptionE

Is there something I am missing here?

I have put gdal.jar in classpath and these files in java.library.path :
libgdaljni.so, libosrjni.so, linogrjni.so, libgdalconstjni.so, libgdal.so
Is there something more that I need to put in classpath or java library path
or set any environment variable?

Can you please provide me a full list of jars/files/env-variables that I
need to set to make it run ?

Thanks,
Kedar