[gdal-dev] Gdaladdo feels slow with Rasterlite
jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Jul 4 10:27:40 PDT 2012
I feel that gdaladdo is not working optimally with any bigger rasterlite tables.
For example for my 153600x249600 pixel sized test image the initial write into
rasterlite took 3 hours and 10 minutes while adding overviews with gdaladdo took
10 hours. Gdaladdo seems to use remarkable much time every time it has finished
with creating one overview layer. In addition, the creation of the last overview
layers does not feel as much faster than I would have guessed keeping in mind
that the number of tiles to write goes 3/4 down at each step.
I put my test image available for testing
http://latuviitta.org/documents/t80.tif (550 MB, deflate compressed tiff)
I will keep it on a server for a week or so.
Commands I used were:
gdal_translate -of rasterlite -co driver=png t80.tif t80.sqlite
2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024
I tried to compare times with Rasterlite utilites rasterlite_load and
raster_pyramid but they both failed totally with my test image.
More information about the gdal-dev